GATEWAY PRIMARY CARE CIC
As an organisation we aim to provide an excellent holistic health and social care service in a safe and non-judgemental way to improve the quality of life of all our patients including Rotherham’s most deprived vulnerable and marginalised groups.
We will work pro-actively to recognise and understand the needs of the communities we serve. We will provide holistic health and social care to all our registered patients regardless of their circumstances. We will ‘look beyond the label’ at those individuals who have the most difficulty in accessing appropriate health care, and provide dedicated services and expertise in the care of the homeless, looked after children, those suffering drug/alcohol misuse, sex workers, asylum seekers and migrants. We will promote and provide equality of access and service to a multi-racial culturally diverse, transient population.
Equality and fairness are the driving forces within our service; we are resolute in promoting better understanding of the health issues and social inequalities of the diverse community we serve.
• Pro-active – we work pro-actively to engage marginalised individuals and groups, overcoming obstacles and embracing change in order to ensure the continuation of a unique, flexible service designed around our patients’ changing needs
• Courageous – we have the courage to work differently, to ‘think out of the box’ in order to reach our patients and enable them to engage with our service in order to improve their quality of life.
• Non-judgemental – many of our patients are stigmatised and suffer prejudice; they fear and mistrust bureaucracy and authority. Provision of a safe, non-judgemental environment is paramount in order to gain their trust and confidence this in turn ensures access and use of primary health care services.
• Integrity – the provision of a service without discrimination giving the same full opportunity to access the best health care available as would be expected for the general population.
• Inspiring – motivating individuals to make and maintain changes to their lifestyles despite living with adversity, and encouraging them to persevere through the cycle of change.