This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

How can I complain

Gateway Primary Care CIC

Making a complaint

As an organisation we endeavor to provide the best service possible, however if you are not happy with the care or treatment you have received you have the right to complain.

This information explains what to do if you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received in the surgery. Our complaints system meets national criteria.

How can I  complain?

We hope that most problems can be rectified quickly and easily, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If however, your problem cannot solved in this way and you wish to make a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible

You can make your complaint in writing, by telephone or email, please address any letters of complaint to Mrs Janet Casswell (Clinical/Operational Manager), or Mrs Jacqui McVann (Business Manager). Alternatively you can ask for an appointment in order to discuss your concerns.

What information will I need to provide?

You need to be as specific as possible about your complaint and tell us:

  • who or what your complaint is about, making clear the most important points
  • If your complaint concerns a member of staff, give their name if you know it.
  • Where and when the situation you are complaining about happened
  • What you have already done about your complaint, if anything
  • What results you want from your complain

What happens next

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and aim to look into your complaint within 25 working days of the date when you first brought it to our attention. If there is a delay due to our investigation taking longer than anticipated then we will contact you explaining the delay and when we expect this to be complete.When looking into your complaint we aim to:

  • Deal with your complaint efficiently, respectfully and without prejudice
  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make an appointment if necessary for you to discuss the problem with those concerned.
  • Where appropriate, ensure you receive an apology
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn't happen again
  • Inform you of the outcome of any investigation into your complaint.

Help with making your complaint

If you would like help with making your complaint and would like to speak to someone outside of the Practice, Healthwatch Rotherham may be able to assist you. Healthwatch is the independent consumer champion who provide a complaints advocacy service ,you can contact them on 01709 717130.  If you would prefer to write: Healthwatch Rotherham, 33 High Street, Rotherham S60 1AP or email you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, who is independent of the NHS and Government. 

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, who is independent of the NHS and Government.

Contact the Ombudsman as follows:

Tel: 0345 015 4033



Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website